Monday, December 31

Happy New Year!


Hey Dolls,

It is hard to believe the year of 2012 is almost over! Every year seems to go faster and faster.. i remember when i was 18, i will be 24 this coming year, eek!



I don't know about you, but i am really looking forward to 2013 and there are lots of things i want to achieve!


So within this post i would like to make some new years resolutions, i thought it would be a fun idea and i can remind myself in a years time what i hoped for!

1. Finish my masters
2. Secure a job related to my degree 
3. Gain a lot more forensic related experience
4. Get my blog to 1000 followers by the end of 2013 (I dream big)
5. Travel somewhere far away in the summer between March and September (when i should be doing my dissertation :P)
6. Try to save money
7. Be happier and believe more in people and the world
8. Grow my hair long for real and stop relying on hair extensions (LOL)


There we go! That's my new year resolutions!

Now in order to finish off 2012 in style, i would like to deliver my own Pooches and Cream award to the products i have most rated during 2012. Obviously, these awards are based on my use of the products alone and therefore are only a reflection of my personal opinion. That's the joy of being able to give your own awards, not everyone has to agree with it :)!



Most Controversial Beauty Product



YSL Touche Eclat



This award goes to Touche Eclat by Yves Saint Laurent. I see this product as the Marmite product, as in you either love it or you hate it. I love this product and i love it even more because it has created such a buzz ever since it arrived on the market, which is why this product wins the Pooches and Cream most controversial beauty product award! XOXO


Best Lip Gloss 



Dior Addict



For me, this award could only go to one lip gloss; Dior Addict. Ever since i discovered Dior Addict lipgloss my life has been complete. God that sounds so vacuous?? But seriously, if you are yet to try one of these lipglosses, please do so at least once! I love the way they look and feel on the lips and the colour variations are amazing!


Best Mascara



Shocking by YSL



For me, this award goes the Shocking mascara by YSL. Ever since i got my mitts on this i've not regretted it, truly amazing formula that does incredible things to your lashes!!


Best Foundation



Bare Minerals Original Foundation SPF 15



So this choice is a little controversial because i haven't reviewed Bare Minerals as yet. This was difficult for me because i was a die hard fan of Bare Minerals for such a long time and i really rate their products. However because i wanted a change i tried some others and i like to mix and match anyway and try new foundations all the time. 
However, after my digressions i am now able to say that i award Bare Minerals the award for the best foundation. It gives me fantastic coverage and i know wastage is an issue for some, but i love the loose form and it is only the fact Bare Minerals are moving closer to the Ready formula and away from the loose that i haven't given it the coverage in my blog that it deserves.

Favourite Makeup Brand of the Year


NARS



Without a doubt, my makeup brand discovery of the year was Nars. Since i discovered them i have tried a range of their products and i have never been disappointed. They are my personal favourite makeup brand of the year and i urge you to try them if you haven't already! 

I hope you liked my short and sweet Pooches and Cream awards, i obviously don't have the budget to try every makeup product and brand on the market, hence why this is my limited view. I hope you like! 


Happy New Year to you all, old followers and new, thankyou so much for following me and for making the end of 2012 so amazing for me! 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment