Tuesday, March 5

Estee Lauder Double Wear VS. Vichy Dermablend: Foundation

Foundation Faceoff

Hi everyone, this post is a comparison of two foundations i currently own and use that i have found to be similar in some respects, therefore i decided to do a comparison in order to investigate my hunch (not physical) further. These two foundations are favourites of mine because they are both blendable, buildable and full coverage. I know many people prefer light finishes, dewy foundations, gel foundations, cream, each to their own, however i never step out in anything less than a medium-full coverage foundation because this is when i feel most comfortable and happy with my makeup. Therefore my hunt for full coverage products is always on.


Double Wear by Estee Lauder is a firm favourite with many of us. After i was initially matched incorrectly during the popping of my double wear cherry i felt Double Wear made me look like i had been slightly tangoed, but then i discovered my true shade; FYI bone, and the love affair went from there. Double Wear impresses me as the coverage is absolutely fantastic, i'm safe with a brand i love and i can buy it again and again from virtually anywhere. The only thing that bothers me is the price, at £27.50 it is a high end foundation with the price tag to match. It really does last though and it stays in place all day long, SPF 10 is also a nice little factor however i personally wouldn't wear this foundation on the beach as it would feel like an oil slick leaving my face to be honest, not a nice thought - but good to know for everyday summer use.

However, i recently discovered Dermablend by Vichy Laboratories. This is a fluid corrective foundation which claims to last 16 hours (there are only 12 hours in a day and i can vouch for the 12) is suitable for sensitive skin and is a high coverage foundation with a matte finish. Dermablend has an SPF of 35, even better and is such a good price at £15.50 from Boots. Dermablend is easily blendable, buildable and delivers a finish similar to that of the Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation, but for almost half the price. There is a let down though... the colour range. Unfortunately, the Dermablend foundation is only available in a select number of, to be honest, useless shades for us pale skinned lot. The lightest colour in the range is Opal, and even this shade can come across as slightly orangey/yellow depending on your original skin tone. Opal does blend seamlessly for me, but others may have some issues and obviously this is where the Estee Lauder Double Wear would have the advantage through offering a much more flexible colour range.

I hope you enjoyed my comparison. Have you tried any of these foundations?

Lots of Love, 

2 comments:

  1. Hiya! I love Double Wear but never tried the Dermablend one, foundations are my latest 'thing' to obsess over!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you NC20 in MAC Shade? I dont know if my shade is Sand or Bone as of now

    ReplyDelete